Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jventur34
Frequent Visitor

Map Visualization Not Working on Desktop and Service December 2017 version

It stopped working as I noticed now.

The filters along with other viz in the canvass pane responds, all except the Map.

I temporarily switch to free ArcGIS map version to get it working.

Same for both Desktop and Service.

Is this a known issue?

5 REPLIES 5
hayden
Regular Visitor

Hi there suffering from the same issue occuring about the same time. We had very important map reports showing 10,000 points using the online service it was working fine and now is is not. Desktop version is working still and well. Tried to re-upload and still not working. Tried drilling down to 100 datapoints as a report filter. still the maps not working.

HELP 

Hi All,

This could be the known issue that the data type of latitude and longitude must be numeric. The workaround is changing the data type of longitude and latitude to numeric. The engineers are working on it to make it more convenient.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Dale,

Sorry for the late response. When I initially built the viz, I made sure the lat and long data type were correct. Upon checking now, the Service view still doesn't work, same as with the Desktop.

Please let me know when or what is the plan for this as it is quite vital visual offered as a default visual. 

Hi @jventur34,

Can you provide more details about how I can reproduce?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jiascu-msft

The dataset I have has 20K records in it with lat and long respectively.

If you can simulate any locations in the map greater than 10K as mentioned by @hayden then you start from there. If it works in the Desktop which he mentioned it was, then try increasing the samples to reach 20K rows.

Mine is still not working both Service and Desktop version.

Thank you,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.