Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

WillemC
Resolver I
Resolver I

MAP showing wrong locations

Hello all,

I'm from the EU and have different zip-codes in our system.

Our customers and suppliers are based in different EU-country's,

When I create a MAP, I can use a combination of place name, zip-code and streetname.

Most locations pop-up correctly, but some don't.

When I look at the specific locations that don't show up correctly, I don't see any strange values.

For example the Location Bakel in the Netherlands, is put on a place called Bakel somewhere in Africa.

But in my data I addes the placename, zip-code and streetname.

When I search for the location on the Bing Maps itself (bing.com/maps) then the correct location show, so the combination placename, zip-code and streetname is correct.

Is there any way to solve this, or is this a flaw in Power BI?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @WillemC,

As I tested, I use Bakel as location, it also disply in Africa. While I add country, use "Bakel, Netherlands" as location. It can work correctly. I suggest you add country to the combination, then check if works fine.

In addition, please review this blog, which provide several tips to increase the likelihood of correct geo-coding.

Thanks,
Angelia

View solution in original post

Some additional information for anyone who encounters the same problem.

I really helped to create a new column with the streetname, city and country concatenated.

Make sure that there is a , between the city and country.

so i.e.: Streetname,Bakel, Netherlands

Then it pop ups correctly.

The shortcut "NL" won't work for 100%

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @WillemC,

As I tested, I use Bakel as location, it also disply in Africa. While I add country, use "Bakel, Netherlands" as location. It can work correctly. I suggest you add country to the combination, then check if works fine.

In addition, please review this blog, which provide several tips to increase the likelihood of correct geo-coding.

Thanks,
Angelia

In case of Data records are coming from Azure (automatically), how can I proceed? I'm not able to include a column, right?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Thank you for your reply.

Offcourse I could have think of adding the country value also.

Thank you for pointing it out to me.

Some additional information for anyone who encounters the same problem.

I really helped to create a new column with the streetname, city and country concatenated.

Make sure that there is a , between the city and country.

so i.e.: Streetname,Bakel, Netherlands

Then it pop ups correctly.

The shortcut "NL" won't work for 100%

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.