Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Surya1
Helper I
Helper I

Loading a table from another table based on the date value selected from a date slicer

I have two tables.Table 1 & Table 2

Table 1 is static it is kept as a reference table.

Table 2 is getting refreshed daily.

I want to create a table 3 by merging Table 1 & Table 2 ,where this table 3 holds al the data modelling columns.

My query is how can i merge table 1 table 2 based on the date selected in the date slicer of the report ?I dont want to merge the entire records and create the modeling.I want to merge the records which comes under the date which a user selects in a report slicer.

Note:I want to have all the columns from table 1 n Table 2 in Table 3 with the filtered rows.In Table 2 there is a date column available.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Surya1,

In power bi, when the data source changes->data model or data in data model level will be changed->data visual in report level will be changed. But the process can't be implemented inversely. 

In your senario, you want to use a slicer in report level to filter row records in data model level, however power bi doesn't allow to do that. As a workaround, you can merge all records in two tables, after applied, you can create a table visual and a slicer on table3.

Then you can use the slicer to filter table3.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Surya1,

In power bi, when the data source changes->data model or data in data model level will be changed->data visual in report level will be changed. But the process can't be implemented inversely. 

In your senario, you want to use a slicer in report level to filter row records in data model level, however power bi doesn't allow to do that. As a workaround, you can merge all records in two tables, after applied, you can create a table visual and a slicer on table3.

Then you can use the slicer to filter table3.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Thank You Jimmy.

I was able to create a measure which holds the date value from the slicer.Cant we use this in a filter to load the table?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.