Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Linking from a visualization to another report page

We are creating a Scorecard in BI and would like the first page to be a landing page with a table that links to other pages of the report. Are links that provide navigation to other pages possible in Power BI?

Thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
Ozmango

We want this as well.  But I see the request was in 2016 and in 2018 we are still waiting?

sits
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi, in 2017 can I have hyperlinking between pages please?

I know, you're going to tell me to vote for this functionality in some other thread.  No thanks.  I'm just going complain about how hopelessly unfunctional Power BI is so more and more people can discover this for themselves via SEO.  Maybe I'll check back in 2018 to see if this has been sorted -- long after I've told everyone steer clear of Power BI.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Currently, both in Power BI Service and desktop, it's not supported to add drill through action in one report or report page for users to click, then go to another report or report page. As @ankitpatira mentioned, only dashboard tiles support custom links.

For your requirement, you can comment and vote on those two idea items:

Click-through

drill-through or drill across

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

When can we expect this feature?Please add this feature asap as i need this functionality in current dashboard

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous You can achieve somewhat similar to what you're trying in power bi service. I would say create a dashboard in power bi serivce from all your reports. Then in that dashboard click on (+) icon as shown below and add a Text box -> under Functionality set Custom Link -> and there you can add links for different tabs within your report (as each tab / page within your report will have a differen URL (slightly different with unique report section number) ).

BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

This feature is still not supported in PowerBI. For that kind of functionality, You can use PowerPviot in Excel.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Hi, do you know if this feature is still unsupported in Power BI?  Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.