Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CNH
Helper I
Helper I

Line Chart Visualisation

Further to my other post, could I add to this question. Having plotted actual revenue I would like to also plot 2 targets, Target 1 and Target 2.

For year 1, Target 1 lets say is 100,000 and target 2 is 120,000. 

For year 2, Target 1 lets say is 105,000 and target 2 is 130,000. 

For year 3, Target 1 lets say is 110,000 and target 2 is 140,000. 

I would like these to plot in a ray for each fiscal year, ie year 1 Target 1 rises from zero to 100,000 over the year time line etc

Is there a measure that I could write in Power BI to provide the data to populate.

Alternatively the data for my revenue is coming from an excel spreadsheet - I could easily introduce a new worksheet "Target" which has the three year dates populated and either daily or an accumulating total for Target 1 and Target 2.

Hopefully you can assist here. I have tried to do the excel spreadsheet worksheet but it hasn't worked.

Thanking you 

I am attaching a number of documents.

Firstly the visualisation that I am hoping to achieve

Graphs revenue and target.jpg

I am also attaching  the spreadsheet with the data that I used to create the aformention chart.

The following link is the file that I used to generate the graph

https://1drv.ms/x/s!ArtOMe8OWNmVgwLWmTLoBrGMJsGu

The following file is the the type of raw data that I will be linking to Power BI and therefore will generate the visualization from there

https://1drv.ms/x/s!ArtOMe8OWNmVgwH0fYylIygfrJU3

{I have shown the target data in either ab accumulative form or in a daily isolated value - it will not be an issue to generate in either manner.}

Please let me know if you need any clarification.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi all, 

I have now achieved the outcome I am after. 

One of the issues I had was I was using a line chart, I have changed this to an area chart  and with new measures defined all seems good.

I will look further at this tomorrow with actual data rather than sample data and see whether my expected outcomes have been achieved.

3 year chart with target.jpg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi CNH,

Based on your description, you want to have a visual in power bi which can fit your data automactically, right?

R visual can meet your requirement, please refer to this documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-r-visuals

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi all, 

I have now achieved the outcome I am after. 

One of the issues I had was I was using a line chart, I have changed this to an area chart  and with new measures defined all seems good.

I will look further at this tomorrow with actual data rather than sample data and see whether my expected outcomes have been achieved.

3 year chart with target.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.