Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

pitucc
Helper I
Helper I

Limit interaction to certain filters

Hello,

In one table,  I have a list with names and many other data. This table is filtered under "Date_histo" and only shows the Names and Datas associated with date_histo = today. 

I have a Line Chart that that print average_price on each date (x = histo_date y = average price ). When I select a name in my table, the Line chart perfectly iflter by "Names= name selected" but also by "date_histo=today" and hence only plot one point instead of historical price for this name. 

Any idea if we can keep the interaction but limit it to certain filter ? 

Thanks in advance,

Cheers

Pierre

9 REPLIES 9
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@pitucc,

I have tested it on my local environment, we cannot reproduce this issue. The sample PBIX for you reference.

If the issue persists, please share us the PBIX file, so that we can make further analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hi Charlie,

Thanks for your answer, unfortunatly you did not have the same issue because you have used a slicer instead of a Table (i don't know how to atteche a pbix file....) 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @pitucc

Did you try to make an independent time dimension and connect your data with the purpose of using the dates in the time dimension as x-axis?

Best,

Martin

Hi @Anonymous 

How would you make an independent time dimension ? 

Cheers

Pierre

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pitucc

In the menu, if you choose "Modeling", you'll find a button called "New Table". That'll give the chance to write some dax code. You could write: TimeDim = CALENDER(FIRSTDATE(Table[Date]);LASTDATE(Table[Date])). This will generate a table with one column containing unique dates from the first date to the last date of the date column in your table. You then relate the tables with this dimension and plot the new date column in TimeDim on the x-axis.

@Anonymous thanks for your help but unfortunatly the line chart still plot only one point... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pitucc

Could you either share data or pbix-file? You can send it to martin@valubi.dk, if you dont know how to attach the file. I think I can solve your issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @pitucc

I just want to follow up on this post. Did you give up on solving your challenge?

Best,

Martin

Hi,

I had some issues with pbi on my desktop, finally sovled it, and i fgave up on this. 

Thanks for the folowup

Cheers

Pierre

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.