Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RynoBotes
Frequent Visitor

Launch Website (source) from Strippets Browser

Hi Support Team

I'm using the strippets browser to display an RSS feed in my dashboard, and it works great. However I would really like to be able to click on the "story" and have the website launched through Power BI.

From what I was able to read and with my own tesst (although that doesn't say much) I wasn't able to do this. I tried a work around with displaying the source content in a seperate Table Visual that shows the Source URL. But the filtering between the Strippets browswer and the Table Visual doesn't work.

Hope this makes sense and I'd love your comments!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RynoBotes,

Based on test, the strippets browser is a document reader which used to display the detail content of the source url, it not contains the filter effect even you turn on the interaction btween this visual and other visuals.

Reference link:

New Power BI Custom Visuals Enable Browsing and Analyzing Collections of Text

Strippets Browser: A quick way to view document contents
The Strippets Browser is a document reader that provides two complementary ways of sampling the contents of a collection of documents or a news stream.

So strippets browser visual can be filtered by other visuals, but it can't as a filter to operate other visuals.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @RynoBotes,

Based on test, the strippets browser is a document reader which used to display the detail content of the source url, it not contains the filter effect even you turn on the interaction btween this visual and other visuals.

Reference link:

New Power BI Custom Visuals Enable Browsing and Analyzing Collections of Text

Strippets Browser: A quick way to view document contents
The Strippets Browser is a document reader that provides two complementary ways of sampling the contents of a collection of documents or a news stream.

So strippets browser visual can be filtered by other visuals, but it can't as a filter to operate other visuals.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.