Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nmck86
Post Patron
Post Patron

Issues with Summing/Counting

Hi Folks,

I need assistance with a set of data that I am trying to create a visual for and I am running into an issue where it is counting the total tickets every single time it is listed and I really only want it to count it once per event. Below is an example of the data and then I will tell you the results I am getting. Ideally what I want to see is that for event 1 we had a total of 32 tickets available for use and had total tickets ordered of 32... and for end zone we had 34 of 36 ordered... can anyone assist me with this... currently I am getting 96 total tickets available and 32 tickets ordered.... any help would be amazing! I tried to add the table names above the image for everyone to be able to reference. As you can see I want the Suite Section to only show 32 tickets available; however, for each field that count does show up each time. Is this a data issue or is it somethign that I can get around in Power BI?

Event ID       Event Name                                                         Section    Tickets Ordered    Total Tickets

2017-03-21_11-42-03.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @nmck86,

Have you resolved your problem? If it did, please mark the helpful reply as answer,so that more people can find workwroud form here. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@nmck86

You can very easily do this in the Query Editor - Transform tab - Group By

Group By.png

You can also do this with DAX using SUMMARIZECOLUMNS

On the Modeling tab - click New Table...

Summary Table =
SUMMARIZECOLUMNS (
    'Table'[Event ID],
    'Table'[Event Name],
    'Table'[Section],
    "Ordered", SUM ( 'Table'[Tickets Ordered] ),
    "Total", AVERAGE ( 'Table'[Total Tickets] )
)

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Hi @nmck86,

Have you resolved your problem? If it did, please mark the helpful reply as answer,so that more people can find workwroud form here. Thanks for understanding.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.