Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

webportal
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Issue with personal data gateway

I've installed a personal data gateway on my laptop, the installation process went ok without any issues.

Now I've published a Power BI desktop file to Power BI service. In order to keep it refreshed, I clicked on "Shedule refresh", but I see the message:

Capturar2.PNG

Basically, it says the gateway is offline, which is inconsistent with the message I get in the gateway itself:

Capturar.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @webportal,

I have tested it on my local environment, we cannor reproduce this issue. A lot of issues can surface when the gateway version is out of date.  It is a good general practice to make sure you are on the latest version.  If you haven't updated the gateway for a month, or longer, you may want to consider installing the latest version of the gateway and see if you can reproduce the issue.

Here is a document about troubleshoot personal gateway, please refer to the link below.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-troubleshooting-power-bi-personal-ga...

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hello,

I've switched it on and off a few times, and now it is working Ok.

Personal data gateways are available for pro license users only, right?

Hi @webportal,

Yes, Personal data gateways are available for pro user.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-personal-gateway/

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.