Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dgwilson
Resolver III
Resolver III

Issue with filter after uploading April 2018 data - bug?

I have a financial report that I have been building... and it has been coming together really well. I recently got the April 2018 financial data which broke one of my Matrix displays. Now I'm using the April 2018 64 bit Release of Power BI desktop.

I've rebuilt the .pbix using "demo" data. So there are no confidentiality issues - in other words - all the data here is made up.

This is the Matrix working for March 2018 - you can see "Latest Month"

Basic Filter - March - working OK.PNG

Here is the Matrix not working for April 2018 (see the blank "Latest Month")

Basic Filter - April - not working.PNG

Here I've switched the filter to use advanced filtering >= 1 April 2018 etc... and it's working.

Advanced Filter - April working OK.PNG

I have this all wrapped up in a tidy zip file with pbix and .xls load files that I'm happy to share.

- David

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dgwilson,

I have ever seen others faced the same problem as yours with old desktop version. Please update yours to latest one 2.58.5103.501 64-bit (May 2018) to see whether issue persists.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi there...

I can confirm I have tested my reproduceable case on 2.58.5103.501 and the issue remains.

I can also add that I have colleagues reporting to me that their pbix reports have also encountered the same fault/bug when data for April has been introduced.

I'm happy to share my reproducable case - I just need somewhere to upload it to.

- David

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.