Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

htriki

Issue with Filled Map visual rendering in different browser

Dears

We tried to use the Filled Map to visualize data related to Saudi Arabia Provinces.

We faced with one of their provinces, the name of the province is "Eastern Province".

At design with desktop and test the rendering is good and as expected.

The issue happen when we tested different browsers.

It is working fine with Google Chrome but with IE 11 it is showing the province in Rwanda, below a screenshot of both rendering.

Chrome rendering : 

chrome.png

IE11 rendering:

IE11.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear

I am using Power BI desktop for Reporting Server (last version is june version 11/07).

in SSAS the data category is set to StateOrProvince.

As a workaround I modified the values to be in this form : "<Province>, Saudi Arabia", This is now working fine with both browsers. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@htriki

Based on my test, it is not related to the browsers. In Aug 2017 version of Power BI Desktop, if we only drag Province to the Filled Map, the province will be in Rwanda. So we need to include country of Saudi Arabia to create a hierarchy in the Filled Map. Please note that we need to set Data Category correctly, you can refer to my recorded video below.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Dear

I am using Power BI desktop for Reporting Server (last version is june version 11/07).

in SSAS the data category is set to StateOrProvince.

As a workaround I modified the values to be in this form : "<Province>, Saudi Arabia", This is now working fine with both browsers. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.