Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

praveenpearl
Frequent Visitor

Issue while creating shape map with Json file

Hi,

I have a shape file(.shp), .dbf  .prj and  .shx files. I need to create a ArcGIS map with this data.

I have seen some posts where they were saying to convert these file into a TopoJson file and import it to Power BI. I did the same but while loading it Json file into power bi I can see only three rows as showm in below screenshot.Screenshot_6.jpgScreenshot_7.jpg

And after loading it into Power BI these are showing as Name and Value two cloumns in the table as in above 2nd screen.

And if I use those columns as location, for ArcGIS map it showing only four data points which are there in screen1.

Or If use shape map adding the same jason as shape file it is showing as plane visual as below Screen. Screenshot_9.jpg

But I could build the map with ArcGis tool by using the same data. I am not sure what I'm missing here. 

Kindly help.

Thank you,

Praveen.

1 REPLY 1
v-jianhe-msft
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi,

Is it a custom map? If so, "the ability to use custom maps is not available in this Preview release of Shape Map, but custom maps will be enabled when this features comes out of Preview, which is expected with the next Power BI Desktop monthly update." Shape Maps in Power BI Desktop (Preview)

Other reference: https://www.sqlshack.com/create-geographic-maps-power-bi-using-custom-shape-maps/

Best Regards,

Henry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.