Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SPMoore
Advocate I
Advocate I

Issue when typing text into title headers into visualisations

I have noticed an issue since installing the most recent release of Desktop (November) and just want to check whether anyone else has noticed this - or is it just me?  When I type text into the title section on a visualisation, the cursor loses focus after about 3 characters so I have to keep clicking into it to continue typing.  It will also happen when I type in a custom HEX code into the colour box.  Workaround - type the text into notepad and then paste it in. 

8 REPLIES 8
BlakDiamond
Regular Visitor

Any resolution on this?  I wasn't having this issue until the latest rev. 

v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @SPMoore,

I have tested it on my local environment with latest version of Power BI desktop (Version: 2.41.4581.361 64-bit (November 2016)), we cannot reproduce this issue.

Does this issue related to which type of data source or which type of visual? In your scenario, which type of data source and which type of visual are you using? Please provide us more information, so that we can reproduce this issue.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Anonymous
Not applicable

The issue occurs when using a “Text” control and typing values into the Title. Once you enter a letter it loses focus.

You have to pause your typing to get it to occur. So start typing, pause, and you will see it lose focus.

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you mean custom visual "LongTextViewer" in the link below?
https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/

I used this visual and still cannot reproduce this issue. Te cursor alway focus on that textbox.
Capture.PNG

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Anonymous
Not applicable

I meant the Text Box control:

12-12-2016 2-31-04 PM.png

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for your information, I can reproduce this issue now. I will report it internaly and post here if there are any update.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Has there been any update on this issue? I'm still encountering this issue with the latest version of PowerBI and it can be very frustrating. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had issues with that as well, so you are not alone. I just open Notepad and type my text in there and copy it in the title field.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors