Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

harshadsp
Post Patron
Post Patron

Is this visual avaibale in PBI?

Hello All,

I need advise. I need to create the following type of graph so just wondering if this type of visual available in PBI desktop? Or do we need to work with available bar chart itself? I am not sure how to color each bar in one graph separately like below.

I do not have any data to post here as of now. 

If any idea then please advise.

Capture.PNG

Also I need to know about this visual. I guess its heattable but when I try it dosent work as expected 🙂

Capture.PNG

Thank you!

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @harshadsp

You can turn on Databars in both the Table and Matrix to achieve something similar.  I'd try the Matrix first, add Weekdays to columns.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

View solution in original post

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @harshadsp,

There are similar visuals, Matrix and Heatmap, in Power BI. But it isn't exactly same. 

Is_this_visual_avaibale_in_PBI

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @harshadsp,

How to add bars. Please refer to the picture below. 

You can add a month column to the Table Heatmap. You also can find more custom visual in the Store. I have did that and found this Heatmap is the closest one.

Is_this_visual_avaibale_in_PBI2

Best Regards,

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

8 REPLIES 8
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @harshadsp,

There are similar visuals, Matrix and Heatmap, in Power BI. But it isn't exactly same. 

Is_this_visual_avaibale_in_PBI

Best Regards,

Dale

Hi @v-jiascu-msft

Matrix visual with data bars on solved my purpose but with the table heatmap, I am still struggling to show year and months with values. I cannot show months with that visual.

Thanks!

Harshad

Hi @v-jiascu-msft

How do you put the bars in values field in matrxi visual? When I try it shows just number values.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Harshad

Hi @harshadsp,

How to add bars. Please refer to the picture below. 

You can add a month column to the Table Heatmap. You also can find more custom visual in the Store. I have did that and found this Heatmap is the closest one.

Is_this_visual_avaibale_in_PBI2

Best Regards,

Dale

Thanks @v-jiascu-msft

I could put the month now but its like either year or month. I couldn't select both at a time like on x axis its year and on y axis its month. And the value will show between the intersection of both. 

From the file, I tried achieving this with Mekko Chart as well but it too dosent work as expected 🙂

Any ways, thanks for all your time and efforts in this matter!

You rocks!

Thanks

Harshad

Thank you @v-jiascu-msft

But the heat table just accept year as a category. There is no provision for showing months in the year 😞

Is there any other visual do you remeber which could be of help for me?

Thanks!

Harshad

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @harshadsp

You can turn on Databars in both the Table and Matrix to achieve something similar.  I'd try the Matrix first, add Weekdays to columns.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thanks @Phil_Seamark

The data bars in conditional formating property shows the bars in values.

Thanks!

Harshad

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.