Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Power BI Destop Proxy enabled?

I am having issue creating an ODBC connection to connect to Azure Hive cluser. Looks like network restriction.

My network admin asked me if  Power BI Destop Proxy aware? Can some one answer the question.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Have you configured ODBC connection to data source successfully? If it has been completed, Power BI desktop can get data from Azure in your network environment where you configured proxy server.

In your scenario, you should make sure you have configured ODBC DSN correctly. Besides, please test whether you can get data fom Azure Hive cluser via ODBC in EXCEL. If it still fails, there might existing a network issue related to your proxy settings or network interaction between ODBC and Azure. 

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure if the application is proxy aware or not.

But the issue with my ODBC is the power bi support to Spark 2.0 and HDI 3.5 currently. I have a later version installed on Azure.

When I created a new cluster with Spark 2.0 and HDI 3.5 I was ble to connect to the cluster via ODBC connection and also through Power BI service.

Looks like MS is going to support teh latest version spark 2.1 and HDI3.6 in coming months.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.