Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

[Intl bash]Language bug? Dates not consistent in Spanish...

Good Morning from sunny Spain.

I have come across an issue regarding how Power BI is displaying dates: it is not consistent...

Here is a screenshot:

date language.PNG

As you can see, my settings are for Spanish, and my Windows is also set for Spanish. The function TODAY() displays the date correctly in Spanish. The FORMAT function, however, returns the result in English..

Is this a bug or is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

Thanks in advance,

Paul.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

3 REPLIES 3
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@PaulDBrown

You need to install the Spanish version of Power BI Desktop instead of the English version.

Best Regards,
Herbert

@v-haibl-msft

Thanks for your reply, Herbert.

I feel somewhat disappointed with the solution unfortunately. It seems really strange to have to download different language versions to cater for different language-speaking target clients.

Since I'm new to Power BI, I purposely downloaded the English version to help me get to grips with the platform, and to be able to follow tutorials and books on the subject more easily.

It seems I know have to dowanload a Spanish version to cater for Spanish-speaking (potential) clients!

I would have thought that the "regional settings" and/or the native Windows settings would take care of that...

Thanks again,

Paul.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

@PaulDBrown

The locale option maybe different than you dreamed. You can set the locale (the date and number formats) for a specific report to be something other than the locale in your version of Power BI Desktop.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.