Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

k3rz0rg
Advocate III
Advocate III

Installed custom visual location?

Hi all,

can anyone please tell me what's the location for downloaded custom visuals? Is there any way to export installed custom visual for reuse the older version? I am having problem with an updated visual so required to get back to the older one. 😕

Re-installing PBI didn't help...

Thanks,

k3

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @k3rz0rg,

The custom visual is contained in the pbix file. You can extract the files from a pbix file and you will see the custom visuals folder. I'm afraid it's hard to bring it back. The proper way is to solve the issue you have in the new custom visual. Which visual exactly? If it's a visual from the third party, maybe you can download the old version from their official site.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jiascu-msft,

it's infographic designer and their latest update got some issues and some older issues unresolved, it's mostly the new issue caused the whole problem forcefully adding the limit from negative 5m to positive 5m range on Y axis leaving all the data bars tiny in matrix. I do have the .pbix file containing their older version it's just i need the process to extract that. Could you please tell me how to extract from the pbix file to get that custom visual folder as i am not seeing any folder in such name?

Thanks,

K3

Hi @k3rz0rg,

How to reproduce this issue? I think it's better to make the latest version work properly. You can try to extract the pbix file by a zip filer like 7-zip, RAR Manager. But I don't know how to make these files to work.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.