Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Grokio

Infographic designer problem after exporting

So I've been using the infographic designer for a few basic visualizations in a project without any problems over the last few weeks. Now it's suddenly acting up. Essentially, everything looks fine in the BI desktop application, but when viewing it after exporting/publishing, the visual is a complete mess. All the icons are crammed together on the left in a single column and the y axis turns into a giant word jumble. 

I'm especially confused because this happened without me updating anything on my end. One day it looked perfect, the next, it was a mess. I tried re-exporting and the problem is still the same.  Not sure if maybe they made an update that messed up the display? Anyone else have this issue? Any advice for fixing it?

Here's what I'm seeing in the BI desktop application:

Screenshot_1.png

And here's what it now looks like after publishing:

Screenshot_2.png

Anyone got any suggestion for fixes? I'd appreciate any help!!

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having an issue with the icons 'flipping' in regards to the greatest number selected. Does anyone know how to keep the icons locked in place when slicing through different options? 

dathompson
Frequent Visitor

I am having the same or similar problem. Started occuring today (4/9/2018). I wonder if it's related to the April update. I see the problem both in the desktop application and in the browser (Chrome and Edge).

All,

I am having the same issue too.

Any updates on this?

Try re-installing the visual. I believe the makers of the Infographic Designer reverted the visual to an earlier version to avoid this problem. I re-installed and this fixed the problem.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Grokio,

Do you use the latest version of Infographic Designer and latest version of Power BI Desktop? And do you encounter the above issue after publishing Power BI Desktop file to Power BI Service or using “Publish to Web” feature?

I am trying to test the scenario as yours, but I am not able to reproduce this issue. Could you please share me your PBIX file so that I can test it?

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey Lydia, yup! Just upgraded to the latest versions of both and still seeing the issue. It does appear to be a browser issue, possibly. I see it in Chrome, but in Edge and Safari it looks normal.

In the desktop application it looks normal. Then I click on "publish" and as soon as I open it in Chrome, it's all wrong. When I go to publish to web, it continues to not look right (except when viewing in Edge and Safari).

I tried contacting the folks who made the Infographic Designer to see if they might have a workaround.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors