Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Birdjo
Resolver II
Resolver II

Indicate if 1 row is > 0

Hello,

I am working on a report for production orders which has an indicator if the quantities of the BOM items are available in the warehouse. 

So far I've managed to gather the data I need and visualize it like this:
BOM lines.png

Which is pretty awesome and informative, but I don't want to have the [BOM Item] in the table and also I would like to have only 1 row per Production order like this:
po requirements.png

So what I'm trying to achieve here is to have a measure that indicates 0 (or false or whatever) when there is even 1 row for the given production order in which [Available - required] < 0.

In English it's somethink like: "If the measure [Available - required] for any of the rows for a distinct production order is less than 0, then requirement is not met, else the requirement is met."

I hope this is interesting for you to solve.

Thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello jthomson,

Thank you for your suggestion.
Doing what you say won't solve it by itslef. But actually that gave me a pretty nice idea. How to solve it very simply.

Use an if statement then while aggregating on production order level set the column to show min. If the min value for the lines of a given production order is 0 then there is an item with missing quantity.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Should be easy enough for you to do either in Power Query or as a calculated column, basically exactly as you suggest (if negative then 1 else 0) - Power Query's probably tidier to do so and it should walk you through it easily enough

Hello jthomson,

Thank you for your suggestion.
Doing what you say won't solve it by itslef. But actually that gave me a pretty nice idea. How to solve it very simply.

Use an if statement then while aggregating on production order level set the column to show min. If the min value for the lines of a given production order is 0 then there is an item with missing quantity.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.