Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RehanSaeed
Frequent Visitor

Incorrect Average in Map Control

I work for Bridge International Academies which has 100,000 students and 6,000 schools in Kenya, Uganda and Nigeria. I am trying to visualize the average assessment scores in each school using the map control. However, the numbers being shown on the map for the average scores are nonsensical.

Is there some way to see the SQL generated? I’d really appreciate some help. I would love to partner with a Microsoft Developer to talk this over.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
WillT
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Rehan. I think you got in touch over email and we sorted this out.

For anyone else who finds this - he'd created a visual using a [Score] field, and was filtering on that field for [Score] >=0. The default filter that was created is a measure filter, which applies to the aggregated values in the visual. He wanted to filter the underlying rows, so creating another filter that was an attribute filter helped get the results he expected.

Hope that helps anyone else with a similar problem!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
WillT
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hi Rehan. I think you got in touch over email and we sorted this out.

For anyone else who finds this - he'd created a visual using a [Score] field, and was filtering on that field for [Score] >=0. The default filter that was created is a measure filter, which applies to the aggregated values in the visual. He wanted to filter the underlying rows, so creating another filter that was an attribute filter helped get the results he expected.

Hope that helps anyone else with a similar problem!

ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@RehanSaeed Altogether plotting data for such a large number of students will provide nonsensical result for sure. Try creating proper measure for average scores in your data model and more importantly try using filters to restrict data for particular region so that less data points are shown and map becomes more visualizable. Hope this helps Smiley Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.