Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JeffSmith215

Images on PowerBI Report Server

Hi All,

I am trying to publish a report to the latest Power BI Report Server (GA June 2017) and all is working well except images.

My report connects to an SSAS cube but contains some static images for presentation purposes.  The images well perfectly in the desktop environment but do not appear when published and viewed through Power BI Report server.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

8 REPLIES 8
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JeffSmith215,

I can reproduce the issue on Power BI report server GA. I have reported this issue internally. Will keep you update once get information.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi all,

PG aware this bug and a hot fix has been filled for the issue.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

hi! it's 2022 and it's still an issue. Is there a workaround or a fix for that?

@v-qiuyu-msft Is there an ETA on a hotfix?

Hi @surrealis,

The fix will be released soon. Please see jtarquino and shiboli reply in this thread: Background Images doesn't work on Power BI Server.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

JeffSmith215

HI All,

I am using the newest (GA) Power Bi Desktop and On Prem Power Bi Report Server.  My report connects to an SSAS cube and all data is working perfectly.

However, when I add a static image to teh report, it shows perfectly in desktop but is lost when you publish to Power Bi Report Server. 

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which browser are you using?

I've noticed that when using IE, the logo image for the custom branding does not show, but in Chrome it does. So, your issue may be related to this.

Have tried IE and Chrome and Edge - no images come through.

Even tried using the "background image" feature of bar charts etc and, again, the images do not come through when viewed on-prem through Power BI Report Server 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.