Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

franorio
Helper III
Helper III

Identify Returning/frequently Customers + Rank/Basket Analysis in last orders

Hello everybody,

In my Report I have done a Basket Analysis by duplicating my product table for a double filtering.

Also used RANKX formula to see the Top N products bought for each category (over 1000 products) 

I don't have a Client ID dataset, the only data I have from the client is the Email adress associated to the #salesorder from my fact table. 

How can I identify frequent or returning clients (by email, if the email appears more than once) to apply my rank & basket analysis just for the orders of clients who are buying frequently?

Trying to identify purchase trends, if client X buys frequently on the webpage, i would like to see.. if they bought product A, the first time, what are they buying on next orders, do they also bought Product A again, or which other products are they buying on their new orders. 

Thanks & regards!

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @franorio,

Why don't you do a RANKX based on the count of the e-mail address something like:

Rank = RANKX(ALLSELECTED(Table1[Email]),CALCULATE(COUNTA(Table1[Email])))

This will give you something like this.

Ranking.png

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

spuder
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi,

could you post a "result table" you would like to have.

One thing that comes in my mind for your second part could be CONCATENATEX that would give you a list of all products bought behind the email address. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.