Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

manideep78
Frequent Visitor

Idea to create best possible way of visualizations

Dear Community,

I am new to PowerBI & this is my first post and this is regarding my first project in power BI

I am little bit confused on what is the best way of presenting my data in visualizations.

Project:

I have a complete data of colleges and their administration systems, policies, students, courses etc.. and also details about students in colleges. All the colleges should be shown in Map and selection of any college should navigate to the dashboard of that college with all possible visualizations (applicable to all colleges). 

what is the best way to do this? Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Manideep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @manideep78,

Based on my understanding, you need to show all the colleges in Map visual and navigate to corresponding detailed inofrmation when clicking a specific college on the map, right?

Actually, highlighting a location in a Map cross-filters the other visualizations on the report page. If you only need to represent all the information about that college, the eastest way is to use a Table visual and add all the fields into it. When you click a college on the map, the table visual will be filtered depend on the selection.

Here is an example about using Filled Map Filled maps (choropleths) in Power BI (Tutorial).

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @manideep78,

Based on my understanding, you need to show all the colleges in Map visual and navigate to corresponding detailed inofrmation when clicking a specific college on the map, right?

Actually, highlighting a location in a Map cross-filters the other visualizations on the report page. If you only need to represent all the information about that college, the eastest way is to use a Table visual and add all the fields into it. When you click a college on the map, the table visual will be filtered depend on the selection.

Here is an example about using Filled Map Filled maps (choropleths) in Power BI (Tutorial).

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.