Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to show average in place of Grand total for each row in matrix visualization

Hi,

I want to display all the months (ResponsePeriod in this case) as columns and Month KPI as values for those columns and i have few other columns as headers in the table.

My Requirement is in place of Grand Total, i should be able to show the average of all these months. I have calculated the average measure and placed in values. However, that displays against each and every month as shown below.

:Capture.PNG

expected outcome is : 

Month 1  Month 2  Month 3  Month 4  Average 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nishanth.

2 REPLIES 2
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

From your description, it seems the month column is placed in Column bucket of the matrix visual and there are two columns/measures Month KPI and Average placed in Values bucket, right? 

Based on my test, as the Average is the Value of the matrix, it will display on each column group value level and column group total level, it's not possible to remove the Average columns on column group value level. 

To work around the issue, we can set the Field Formatting for the measure/column Average like below to make the Average values in column group total invisible. 

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm.. this is a workaround i understand. Thanks for the response. But will not be a solution for my client.

Do you think we can have a custom visual built for the same?

Thanks,

Nishanth.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.