Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mbs2016
Helper I
Helper I

How to set My Workspace so when I login the screen defaults to a specific Dashboard?

When I first log-in to my Web Power BI Portal I want the default screen to show a specific Dashboard.  I tagged the Dashboad I want to display as a favorite but when I log-in I still have to click on the actual Dashboard... is there a way that the dasboard itself displays, eliminating the need to first click on it?.

5 REPLIES 5
RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@mbs2016,

You can set a dashboard (not a report) as your "Featured Dashboard," which will be displayed when you access app.powerbi.com.

a.PNG

I appreciate the prompt response!

One more question… is it possible to set a specific Dashboard that is part of an ‘App Workspace’ as a Featured Dashboard for multiple users from at an Admin level?

In other words, say I have 3 user accounts I am administering and for their ‘first’ login, I want the first thing that they see to be the same Featured Dashboard.

Or is this something that each individual user would have to set-up on their own?

@mbs2016,

A featured dashboard is workspace-level, not user-level - there can only be one featured dashboard for a workspace, so if there's a dashboard set, all users should see it.

Can you explain the difference betweeb 'Content Packs', 'Group Workspaces' and 'App Workspaces'?

@mbs2016,

App Workspace is just the new name for Group Workspace, with additional features aimed at phasing out Content Packs. The end goal is to have everything operate around App Workspaces.

You can read more information about it here.

Don't forget to mark a solution to the post so others can find the answer as well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.