Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to merge 2 columns in one Bar chart

Hi All,

Compare data with constant valueCompare data with constant value

I need to design a bar chart visual such that , In the center I need to display a single bar(Red bar as shown in Fig.) that shows average of Org level attrition and on left side of respective bar ,it should show attrition value higher than red bar value and on right side it should show respective lesser value of attrition . Is it possible ?
or is there any other visual available for above requriment. If YES then please suggest me or NO then why.

Note- Org average values are coming from another table and whereas SBU values are from another.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

No, it's not possible to make the Avg as a bar/column in a column chart. You can't have the aggregation result of entire table appeared on row level.

For your requirement, I suggest you try column+line combo chart. You can create a measure to calculate the Average for all selected entries, and put it into Line values. Then you can see which column is above or below this line. 

See my sample below:

66.PNG

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

No, it's not possible to make the Avg as a bar/column in a column chart. You can't have the aggregation result of entire table appeared on row level.

For your requirement, I suggest you try column+line combo chart. You can create a measure to calculate the Average for all selected entries, and put it into Line values. Then you can see which column is above or below this line. 

See my sample below:

66.PNG

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.