Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to integrate CRM views/reports in PBI

Hi,

I'm using Dynamics CRM and want to integrate the view/report that I created in CRM and get it to Power BI. Is there any way of doing this without re-doing the query from scratch?

Also, I'm using oData feed to get CRM into Power BI, and it seems like I have to pull all the data from the tables that I select. Is there a way to only pull from a selected date range?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Currently, there is no OOTB feature for us to pin CRM Online visual or reports to Power BI dashboards. However, Power BI provide Dynamics CRM Online Sales Manager or Service Manager content packs for us to access and analyze data. For more information, please refer to this article: Microsoft Dynamics CRM content pack for Power BI.

If your required data and reports are not included in above content packs, you need to retrieve data from CRM online and create a report in Power BI Desktop, then publish to service.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Rahul_Tiwary_90

Even I was unable to connect power BI with D365 CRM online. But after installing the latest update it is working fine.
This issue has been addressed in June 2018 release
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-june-2018-feature-summary/

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Currently, there is no OOTB feature for us to pin CRM Online visual or reports to Power BI dashboards. However, Power BI provide Dynamics CRM Online Sales Manager or Service Manager content packs for us to access and analyze data. For more information, please refer to this article: Microsoft Dynamics CRM content pack for Power BI.

If your required data and reports are not included in above content packs, you need to retrieve data from CRM online and create a report in Power BI Desktop, then publish to service.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anybody know? I can't find the answer in any threads

You can't find the answer because what you're asking for doesn't exist. As far as I can tell, list views in CRM are stored in a table called UserQuery. Despite the name, this table seems to store both user-created views and system views. The queries themselves are stored as text in the form of a FetchXML query in a field on that table called, appropriately, "FetchXml." This means the queries are not accessible as queries in Power BI; they aren't stored as SQL views or custom tables that you could access directly but rather CRM runs a query based on stored xml code each time you open a view.

As for building them from scratch and filtering based on dates, you don't need to know SQL to do that. That's what Power BI's query editor is for.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for the information, I appreciate it. I'll be looking into this further later in the day.

Indeed. Welcome to my entire job.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's unfortunate. Thanks for letting me know.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.