Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nagesh4641

How to enable tool tip text in table /column data in power bI

I would like to enable tool tip text in POWER BI reports  in table/columns section , how can i enable this option , help is highly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Hind26
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

There is a vizualisation called Dynamic Tooltip in Power BI Store that you can add and use with either static text or dynamic measure or column; hope it helps you. 

Capture.PNG

adityavjsd
Advocate I
Advocate I

Any solution found ?Alternate?

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@nagesh4641

AKAIK, there's no tooltips for the table visual, maybe you can create another column to present what you'd like to show with the "toop tip" or try to use another visual.

Meanwhile, you can submit your idea at Power BI Ideas.

and even the new Preview Matrix in all it's wonderfulness doesn't have an option to add fields to the tooltips just yet.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Dog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

we currently add tooltip text as an extra column into a table and adjustment the column width so it just shows the "..." (obviously the wrap text and auto size columns needs switching off) when hovered over the text is displayed. It's not ideal but it certainly serves the purpose for us. 

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Hi @nagesh4641

The only place you can control tooltips is in the Fields section of the Visualizations menu.  Not all visuals will offer this property.

tooltips.png

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.