Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bernd0102

How to drag values for matrix table correctly

Hello,

i have a problem in power bi. I want to create a matrix in power bi like the following:

Department

Target month

Nov 16

Dez 17

Jan 17

SUM actual

Deviation Actual/Target

A

-3,33 %

B

-12%

I choosed a matrix graph an dragged months as column, department as rows and manufactured goods as values. So far it worked, but I don’t know how to create the column “target month” in the matrix graph as well as the column Deviation “Actual/Target”.

Can someone tell me how to drag values so that I get the matrix chart above? I tested different variations but it didn’t worked. Do I need new measures?

My data in power bi  are as followed:

Table actual data:

Department

End of the month

Manufactured goods

A

A

A

B

B

B

Table target figures:

Department

End of the month

Target manufactured goods

A

A

A

B

B

B

I also have a date dimension table and these measures:

Deviation manufactured/target = ([SUM manufactured goods]-[SUM Target manufactured goods])/[SUM Target manufactured goods]

SUM manufactured goods = Sum([Manufactured goods])

SUM Target manufactured goods = SUM([Target manufactured goods])

Month target = TOTALMTD(SUM('target figures'[Target manufactured goods]);DateDimension[DateKey])

Month Manufactured goods = TOTALMTD(SUM(Actual[Manufactured goods]);DateDimension[DateKey])

Would be awesome if someone could help me to create a matrix/table lile I mentioned! I dont't know how to drag the data for it..

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
himanshu56
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @bernd0102 , 

I cant help you completely here. But few things I have figured out:

1) For the TargetMonth, click the option dont summarize(Target Manufactured Goods)

2) For the calculation of deviation, you will have to make 2 measures in the Target Table

Measure = SUMX(Target,(SUM(Actual[Manufactured goods]) - SUM(Target[Target manufactured goods]))/COUNT(Target[End of the month]))

Measure 2 = [Measure] / SUM(Target[Target manufactured goods]). Also for measure 2 make sure under modelling tab, format it as percentage.

Attached are the snapshots.

solution1.PNG

solution4.PNG

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Himanshu

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
himanshu56
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi @bernd0102 , 

I cant help you completely here. But few things I have figured out:

1) For the TargetMonth, click the option dont summarize(Target Manufactured Goods)

2) For the calculation of deviation, you will have to make 2 measures in the Target Table

Measure = SUMX(Target,(SUM(Actual[Manufactured goods]) - SUM(Target[Target manufactured goods]))/COUNT(Target[End of the month]))

Measure 2 = [Measure] / SUM(Target[Target manufactured goods]). Also for measure 2 make sure under modelling tab, format it as percentage.

Attached are the snapshots.

solution1.PNG

solution4.PNG

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Himanshu

Hello @himanshu56

Thank you! It helped me a lot to see how to create the measures! Thanks for that. 🙂

But is there a possibility, that not the Total Amount of manufactured good are shown but the values for every month as a seperated column? That would be awesome...

Best Regards! 🙂

Hi @bernd0102,

Please create dax for all the months like shown below.

January = CALCULATE(TOTALMTD(SUM(Sheet2[Manufactured goods]),Sheet2[End of the month]),Sheet2[Month Name] = "January" )

Similarly create dax for November and December also.

For month name, you will need to parse 'End of month' to month Name. Also make sure data type of 'End of month' is Date.

I have attached the snapshots for your reference.

sol1.PNG

sol2.png

I hope this answers all your queries.

Thanks,

Himanshu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.