Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

drrai66
Resolver I
Resolver I

How to do this in POWER BI?

Hello Everyone,

I need to Convert the following view created in Tableau to be converted into POWER BI. How can I achieve same view?

Thanks

Deepak

Hierarchy bar.PNG

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
parry2k
Super User
Super User

drop clustered bar chart and drop your category, sub category, manufacturer on x axis, drop sales in value and use aggregated method sum.

drill down to in line hiearchary 

or use column chart, repeat above step , go to format tab, and under x axis , turn of concatenate labels. (this option is not available in clustered chart)

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

i guess you can try by going to field formatting -> choose sales column and set alignment to "center" or right

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

As far as I know, not possible, there is no rule based color selection at this point for data bars.

if it is was clustered visual then you had the option to use "Color Saturation"

17 REPLIES 17
parry2k
Super User
Super User

drop clustered bar chart and drop your category, sub category, manufacturer on x axis, drop sales in value and use aggregated method sum.

drill down to in line hiearchary 

or use column chart, repeat above step , go to format tab, and under x axis , turn of concatenate labels. (this option is not available in clustered chart)

I used your 2nd Approach like this, So this is what I get.

Column.PNG

For my case I would prefer to use stacked bar, as it looks similar to what I have in Tableau,Can we format the following chart Someway to get Similar to Tableau.

bar1.PNG

Unfortuantely not, clustered chart doesn't have concatenation option 😞

vote for an idea if it is already there or create new one.

Ok thanks a lot..I would accept your initial solution.

Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@drrai66

One way to simulate this is with a Matrix with Data Bars

img.png

Regards

Victor

Lima - Peru

Hi Victor,

Yes, can you explain the Steps.

Thanks

Deepak

create matrix visual, drop Category/Sub Category/Manufactures on Rows and Sales on Values, similar thing, drill down and turn off step layout off 

in arrow next to sales -> click down arrow, click conditional formatting -> Data Bars, in popup windows., check Show Bar Only

turn off totals.

Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@drrai66

-Insert a Matrix with the fields in the previous reply

- Go to Lowest Level of Data (Image with The two arrows connected )

-Go to Format Panel:

Row Headers- Stepped Layout OFF

SubTotals --Row SubTotals - OFF

After that in Fields Panel in the visual :

Select Sales (in Values Section) - Conditional Formating - Data Bars --Ok

I hope that was clear. 😃

Regards

Victor

Lima - Peru

Thank you both Victor and Parry. I got it. Is their a way to write values on the bars also.?How Can I write Values on Each Bar?How Can I write Values on Each Bar?

Thanks

Deepak

I mentioned to check "show bar only", if you uncheck that it will show values.

Yes Got it, Is there a way I can put each Value on to the bar, Right Now they are at the Top, Is there any Alignment thing for this too?

Thanks a lot

Deepakbars3.PNG

i guess you can try by going to field formatting -> choose sales column and set alignment to "center" or right

It Worked, One more thing, Can I Color the Bars Depending upon Total Sales.

Thanks

Deepak

what you mean?

I mean to say Right now all the bars have different weights depending upon sales and they are all in one color. Can we do something like this, so that BIG Bars with BIG Sales are in different Color.

Bar4.PNGLike this

or Like this

bar5.PNG

Thanks a lot

Deepak

As far as I know, not possible, there is no rule based color selection at this point for data bars.

if it is was clustered visual then you had the option to use "Color Saturation"

Thanks Again

Deepak

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.