Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Virtual_Ames
Employee
Employee

How to deal with a "(BLANK)" value in a card visualization

My dashboard showed "(BLANK)" as the value in a card visualization - when I really wanted to see "0".

Is there a best practice to deal with this, or a simple way to adjust this?  

Here is my current solution.

Note: This does not seem to be a data type issue. The card is calling on a measure that is calculated as follows:

Total CRs that have moved to P = CALCULATE([Total CRs - for calculations], 'Release_CRs_Systems (CRs Moved Only)'[Friendly System Name] = "P")

2) The data type for "Total CRs - for caculations" is "Whole Number" 

3) [Total CRs - for calculations] is a SUM function - type "Whole Number"

CURRENT SOLUTION:

Create a new measure that evaluates [Total CRs that have moved to P] and uses IF(ISBLANK)

DISPLAY CALC FOR CR IN P =

IF( ISBLANK('Release_CRs_Systems (CRs Moved Only)'[Total CRs that have moved to P])
        , 0
        , ( 'Release_CRs_Systems (CRs Moved Only)'[Total CRs that have moved to P]))

Can anyone provide a more elegant solution?

45 REPLIES 45

Hi

We also got the same case , did you got the solution for your issue . Please suggest me if you the solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add a New Measure. 

Assign your expression and " + 0 " at the end.

Ex:

NewMeasure = Sum(Table_Name[Field_Name]) + 0

Hi Misakkk,

Check this out...

Measure= IF(CALCULATE(count(column),column ="condition") >0,CALCULATE(count(column),column ="condition"),0)

+0 works very well for me!!

Matt

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.