Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Nazar
Helper I
Helper I

How to create pie charts on world map?

How to create such infographic on the world map? http://take.ms/D3fkC

How data needs to be formated in the table?

10 REPLIES 10
koeb

Hi,

This legend field is not visible to me. Has this been changed in newer version of PowerBI? Is there another way of making Pie Charts on the map?

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Nazar In powerbi desktop use basic map. Make sure you drop a field into Legend to have sort of pie chart displayed on map. Field you drop should have more than one type of values to see pie chart. See below image.

2016-05-06_10-40-39.png

Still a little confused here.  Would you show how you have your data formatted to have it appear like that in different areas?  It looks like you just brought in one column for the Legend, but you seem to be showing it broken up in different segments, which is confusing me.  When I try to bring in 2 different data-sets, it doesn't seem to want to allow me to do that.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@farrellma The Location is plotted and the Legend breaks it up based on Value. Does this help?

Map2.png

I do not see the "size" property to add the "value" field. Hence the map doesn't show piecharts

Could you comment on how/where to find the "size" property ?Capture.PNG

Hi @sheetalchordia,

To use the size property use the custom Map visualization encircled in red.

Capture.JPG

Thanks,

Abhishek 

Hello Abhishek,

Can we have these Pie-Charts as clickable to allow drill-down to another detail report on the same page? please advise.

Regards,

Sreekanth.V

Hi,

Just trying to do this - however I split up my data I can't get it to display on the map as a pie chart...  Probably doing something obvious wrong but for the life of me I can't see what it is.

I'm just trying to get current and available plotted as a pie chart for each location (location is working it's just not plotting both values... )

2017-10-20_17-40-12.png2017-10-20_17-42-53.png

Thanks. It helped solve the issue.

Thanks.  That makes sense now.  I see where I went wrong.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors