Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

love
Helper I
Helper I

How to connect and visualize values from different sources with shared configurations

Hello.

Reference file (Dropbox): https://www.dropbox.com/s/pgj4170swazar6e/MockUp2.pbix?dl=0

Description: File contains two queries, one for open work ("Tasks") and one for available resources ("Availability"). The open work has calculated measures attached which allows the user to use a date slicer to see how much work is remaining per configuration for a specific time frame. Currently I am not able to put availability for a specific time frame next to work.

Untitled2.jpg

User Story: I would like to display available resources (Availability[HoursTotal]) and work (Tasks[Work (h)]) for the time frame selected in the date slicer in one column chart

• Current behavior which I am not able to solve: If I add "Availability[HoursTotal]" to the column visualization it will display the complete sum of it for each configuration on not react to the date slicer
  • Expected behavior: "Availability[HoursTotal]" only displays the hours available within the range of the data slicer for each of the configurations on the x-axis

Further challenges: Additionally I am looking into having another column chart with "Availability[Team]" as value on the x-axis and then columns which indicate a) "Tasks[Work (h)]" per team and b) "Availability[HoursTotal]" per team.

Thank you,

-L

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @love,

I noticed that there isn't any relationship between 'Availability' and 'CalendarTable'. So, the Availability[HoursTotal] won't be affected by the selected date range from slicer. You may create a measure similar to:

Hours total measure =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( Availability[HoursTotal] ),
    FILTER (
        Availability,
        Availability[Date] >= MIN ( CalendarTable[Date] )
            && Availability[Date] <= MAX ( CalendarTable[Date] )
    )
)

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @love,

I noticed that there isn't any relationship between 'Availability' and 'CalendarTable'. So, the Availability[HoursTotal] won't be affected by the selected date range from slicer. You may create a measure similar to:

Hours total measure =
CALCULATE (
    SUM ( Availability[HoursTotal] ),
    FILTER (
        Availability,
        Availability[Date] >= MIN ( CalendarTable[Date] )
            && Availability[Date] <= MAX ( CalendarTable[Date] )
    )
)

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-yulgu-msft and thank you very much for your reply. Creating this relationship was what I was working on but I did not succeed, I am testing your proposal right now and it seems to work very well, thank you!

Would you also have an insight on how to now have both availability & work displayed in the same column chart? I am completly stuck on this challenge.

love
Helper I
Helper I

@Zubair_Muhammad would you please be so kind to maybe help me out another time here?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.