Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Sciupo
Frequent Visitor

How to calculate net working days - Step by Step

Dear All,

I am quite new with Power BI and I would need your support.

What I am trying to do is to calculate the net working days between two dates. I know that there are plenty of posts about this topic, however, I would need a step by step guide on how to do it.

In addition, would be possible to do this already in the Edit Queries part instead of building a new column or measure in the Desktop view.

Thanks for your help.

Marco

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Sciupo a little busy now so can't help with step by step but does this link help at all?  seems to give the step by step.

https://www.powerquery.training/portfolio/networkdays/

feel free to tag me for questions if you need clarification

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Sathiyavigraman
Regular Visitor

@vanessafvg 

Since i dont have a account in skillwave, I couldn't see your reply. Please share here, if you busy share as screenshot would work.

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@Sciupo

you can probably find a lot of the detail here

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt296613.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

can you post a screenshot of your data the columns you want a date diff between and what is the interval?

for net working days, do you have a date table,

what is a working day?  (working days vary from country to country), d

o you a way of flaggign a working day?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Hi @vanessafvg,

The Net Working days should be the difference between Sales Order date and Creation date.

This will exclude all the Saturdays and Sundays from the calculation (i.e same as in excel with the =NETWORKDAYS function).

16-08-2017 16-50-59.png

Thanks

Marco

@Sciupo a little busy now so can't help with step by step but does this link help at all?  seems to give the step by step.

https://www.powerquery.training/portfolio/networkdays/

feel free to tag me for questions if you need clarification

@vanessafvg it seems to be what I am looking for. I am giving a go!

Thanks

Marco

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.