Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joeydeacan
Regular Visitor

How on earth do I buy Power BI?

Im just going round in circles, I have 11 days left on my trial and I want to purchase but i cant.

In subscriptions I have Power BI free m, but now ay to add a subscrition.

I havent got any Office 365 at all , do I need it ?

Im so confused, please just let me buy a pro lisence ????

Please can someone help me.

8 REPLIES 8
shill1000
Helper IV
Helper IV

You can't currently without a 365 subscription. It's been raised as an idea to allow non-subscribers to purchase a license, but as of now you can't.

So when my trial runs out I'm done for ?????

Please read this: Purchasing Power BI Pro.

quote from the article:

"You can purchase Power BI Pro through the Office 365 admin center or through your Microsoft representative or partner." - so you can purchase Power BI Pro without having a 365 subscription.

So you need to get in touch with your a microsoft CSP partner and they should be able to help you with getting a license.

Where are you from? If you are from Denmark we should be able to help you or you can locate a local CSP on this website: https://www.microsoft.com/da-dk/solution-providers/search

/sdjensen

Well that sounds promising , I'm in the UK.

I'll be gutted if I can't use it after 11 days.

Has anyone else got any options ? I want to buy the software but I don't want a 365 domain ?????

I've never found it so hard to buy something

I assume that since you have already had a trial period with PBI you also already have a tenant with an Azure AD - PBI can't function without it.

/sdjensen

Nope no tenant, just Power BI trial, connecting to a SQL database

Yes, but without Azure how are you publishing? You need Azure to sign in/upload your reports.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors