Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ElliotP
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hour of the Day with a date lead 30/12/1899

Evening,

After the new update to powerbi, I've loaded up my report to find my Hour of the Day time table column now has a leading date "30/12/1899" before it. This hurts the aesthetic of the visual and I'm not sure how to remove it.

I've searched the forum and checked that the column type in both Query Editor as well as just the desktop view is set to "Time" with the format "h:mm tt".

Thoughts or ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ElliotP,

I just the verified that the Time Type works all fine without this issue with the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.49.4831.521 64-bit (August 2017)) on my environment.

What's your data source? Could you post some sample data which can help us reproduce this issue? It's better that you can also share a sample pbix file which can reproduce the issue. So that we can help further investigate on it. Smiley Happy

Regards

Thanks for the quick respone @v-ljerr-msft

My data source is an Azure SQL table. The issue is enimating from my "time" table.'

Here is a picture of the issue: https://gyazo.com/2d7368e87b4c82cb341b641824cb490c

Here is a link to a sample pbix: https://1drv.ms/u/s!At8Q-ZbRnAj8hwaG6v7KLrdhe4jo

Somehow the field is formatted with a date instead of only time. If you adjust that, it should be fine.

HourTimeIssue.png

"Bestand" is Dutch for "File".

Specializing in Power Query Formula Language (M)

@MarcelBeugThat isn't present in my file when I look, thoughts?

Hi @ElliotP,

A little weird! I got the same result as @MarcelBeug's when I opened your shared pbix file. After I changed the format to "h:mm tt", it worked well without any issue. Here is the modified pbix for your reference. Smiley Happy

timeformat2.PNG

As we cannot reproduce this issue, I would suggest you create a support ticket on Power BI Support page for better assistance if the issue persists. 

Regards

Hm, actually my thoughts are: "if I take the effort to take a screenshot and include that in my post, why don't you do the same?"

Specializing in Power Query Formula Language (M)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.