Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

harshadsp
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hierarchy Slicer problem

Hello, Need your help!

The hierarchy slicer was correctly showing year 2017 --> Qtr --> Months --> Date but since yestreday its showing like the plain dates as shown-

Capture.PNG

Not sure what happened all of a sudden. The data type is 'Date/Time' and format 3/14/2001 1:30:50. It was working correctly earlier. I tried to change it to date and 2001(Y) format but then it shows just years multiple times.

Anyone has any idea, please advise.

Thanks!

Harshad

12 REPLIES 12
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @harshadsp,

Do you use the custom visual: HierarchySlicer, right? If it is,I download and it shows in hierarchy correctly. Please remove and download it again, check if it works fine. 

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft

Do you also think like what I am thining now that is this issue with latest update of power bi desktop? This report is generated through the older (i guess somewhere in Jun/Jul'17 update) and now I upgradted the PBI desktop with Oct'17 update. Do you think is this becuase of that? I am not sure but just a thought.

Thanks!

Hi @harshadsp,

I test it using the Power BI latest version. Please see the results shown screenshot below.

Power BI latest versionPower BI latest versionHierarchy SlicerHierarchy Slicer
Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi Angelia,

Thanks for your time & efforts. But still its not working for me. What's the date format in your case? I am using as 'Date' and format 'm/d/yyyy' but in vain. Surpisingly the same slicer is working for another date column from another table but not sure whats happening with this date column 😞

Any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Harshad

Hi @harshadsp,

I set it as Date and format 'm/d/yyyy', it still work, please review the following screenshot.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

Thanks @v-huizhn-msft. The same settingt is with me either but I dont have any success yet 😞

Hi @harshadsp,

Please unstall and install your Power BI desktop again, and check if it works fine.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft

Now I have updated the PBI destop to Oct'17 version but the problem still persists. Do you want to me completely uninstall PBI desktop and then install it again on machine and try?

Please advise, thanks!

Hi @harshadsp,

Yes, I suggest completely uninstall PBI desktop and then install it again on machine and try to upload HierarchySlicer, and check if it works fine. Your issue is really weird.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @v-huizhn-msft

I unstalled/installed PBI desktop but stil no luck with slicer 😞

Please advise any more thoughts, thanks!

Hi @v-huizhn-msft

Okay, I will try for this but one thing want to share that is on eof my colleague installed a PBI desktop on his machine and when he open my pbix file is he facing same issue. Also when is try with another date column it works as expected. Its really strange.

Thanks again for your suggestion, will try to uninstall/install on my machine.

Thanks!

Hi @v-huizhn-msft

You are correct that I used Hierarchy slicer and I already deleted the old verison HierarchySlicer.1.1.0.0 and tried with latest version HierarchySlicer.1.1.2.0 but still problem perstists.

Please advise, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.