Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nmck86
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hierarchies IN Power BI from Excel

Hi All,

I am working with an excel file (Attached).. that I would like to show up in Power Bi with the same drill downs. So in the images below you will notice in Excel we have a hierarchy based on the level of the employee. In this example level 2 is the highest level of hierarchy and she is the immediate manager of 4 employees (in bold) and the indirect manager of the 4 managers in bolds direct reports. so the format below is the exact format I would LOVE to see in Power BI. However, I can not get it to work that way in Power BI. Does anyone have thoughts on how to do this? I have the excel file but wasn't sure how to add it here but can send to anyone who can assist. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@nmck86

You just need to create a hierarchy, then "expand all down to one level in hierarchy" in matrix. 

22.PNG

33.PNG

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@nmck86

You just need to create a hierarchy, then "expand all down to one level in hierarchy" in matrix. 

22.PNG

33.PNG

Regards,

Abduvali
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Hi @nmck86,

There is similar tread on how to create a hierarchy in power bi, hope it helps:

Regards

Abduvali

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.