Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

gooranga1
Power Participant
Power Participant

Hiding future values for TotalYtd for current year against a forecast

I have several totalytd functions calculating ytd in the current year, previous year and of a forecast.

It all works great. But, I would like some way of modifiying the calculation of the current ytd to not carry forward into the future. So I would like to see my graph show the whole of 2017 and graphs for previous ytd and forecast but for current ytd the line to stop in March. i have tried using a filter but it didn't have the required effect.

I can filter the whole chart to just show up to March but then I lose the forecast for the year. See highlighted line on the chart below that I would like to somehow remove from the chart. The blue line shows where I added the current date as the year end in the parameters in the hope that might work.

HideFutureYTD.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @gooranga1,

According to your description above, I would suggest you create a new measure using IF function to show Blanks for TotalYtd if the current date is larger than Today. The formula below is for your reference.Smiley Happy

New Deliveries YTD = IF ( MAX ( 'DateTable'[Date] ) <= TODAY (), [Deliveries YTD], BLANK () )

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @gooranga1,

According to your description above, I would suggest you create a new measure using IF function to show Blanks for TotalYtd if the current date is larger than Today. The formula below is for your reference.Smiley Happy

New Deliveries YTD = IF ( MAX ( 'DateTable'[Date] ) <= TODAY (), [Deliveries YTD], BLANK () )

Regards

Thank you for this. Worked like a charm 🙂

Can TODAY be replaced by something like THIS MONTH?? I want to see data from YTD except current month.

Thanks that worked a treat although I can't work out how!!!

Is it iterating that max for the measure for each year to date value on the chart.

Brilliant, looks much better now. Man Happy

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.