Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Martin-Prague
Helper II
Helper II

Hiding and showing chart by slicers with cascading functionality (PBI Desktop / PBI Emebeded?)

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement to deliver report which should show multiple KPI's (100+). They have a certain requirement on navigation.

Basic requirement:

They would like to select Investment type, Media type, Marketing Objective and then the CHARTS with these KPIs should be shown on canvas. 

Ulitmate requirement:

They have also campaings assigned to Marketing objective, so what would be ullitmate for them is to pick up the campaing with e.g. Build Awareness and then only relevant Investment Types and Media Types should be show in input controls then they would like to to the selection on this and after that these KPIs should be visualised on the canvas.

Example of KPI structure:

Investment typeMedia TypeMarketing ObjectiveKPI name
Digital MediaPaid SearchBuild AwarenessNumber of impressions
Digital MediaPaid SearchBuild AwarenessImpression share (paid share of search)
Digital MediaPaid eRetail SearchBuild AwarenessNumber of Impressions
Digital MediaPaid eRetail SearchBuild AwarenessAverage Ad position
Digital MediaPaid eRetail SearchDrive ConsiderationNumber of Impressions
Digital MediaPaid eRetail SearchTrigger PurchaseRatio Working/Non-working
Digital MediaOrganic SearchBuild AwarenessAverage keyword group rank
Digital MediaOrganic SearchTrigger PurchaseRatio Working/Non-working
Digital MediaOrganic eRetail SearchBuild AwarenessAverage search score
Digital MediaOrganic eRetail SearchTrigger PurchaseRatio Working/Non-working
Digital MediaVideosBuild AwarenessNumber of Unique users reached by Platform (example: Google, FB), if not available: Impressions or Views
Digital MediaVideosBuild Awareness% impressions that meet Nestlé Viewability Standards
Digital MediaVideosTrigger PurchaseRatio Working/Non-working
Digital MediaDisplay and Social Ads/PostsBuild AwarenessNumber of Unique users reached by Platform (example: Google, FB) if not available: Impressions
Digital MediaDisplay and Social Ads/PostsBuild Awareness% impressions that meet Nestlé Viewability Standards
Digital MediaDisplay and Social Ads/PostsDrive ConsiderationNumber of Unique users reached by Platform (example: Google, FB) if not available: Impressions
Digital MediaDisplay and Social Ads/PostsTrigger PurchaseRatio Working/Non-working

• (possible workaround which they do not like) They do not like navigation on dashboard level (as central navigation entry)  becouse it leads to static reports with pre-restricted KPI's by report author. 
  • Hiding with bookmarks in PBI, does not offer cascading filters for  Investment type, Media type, Marketing Objective and I have quite a lot of combinations of these selections.
  • Solution is not about selection of KPIs in the slicer for 1-x charts. They do not want to select KPIs but they want to select Investment type, Media type, Marketing Objective  and then KPI's should be shown.

In another tools like SAP BO WEBI, there is an option to hide charts by condition. (link) Something similar I am looking for.

Do you think that I can deliver something in PBI Desktop, or is there any option how to deliver this in Power BI emebeded?

With PBI I have unfortunetly no experience.

Regards,

Martin

4 REPLIES 4
Martin-Prague
Helper II
Helper II

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement to deliver report which should show multiple KPI's (100+). They have a certain requirement on navigation.

Basic requirement:

They would like to select Investment type, Media type, Marketing Objective and then the CHARTS with these KPIs should be shown on canvas. 

Ulitmate requirement:

They have also campaings assigned to Marketing objective, so what would be ullitmate for them is to pick up the campaing with e.g. Build Awareness and then only relevant Investment Types and Media Types should be show in input controls then they would like to to the selection on this and after that these KPIs should be visualised on the canvas.

Example of KPI structure:

Investment typeMedia TypeMarketing ObjectiveKPI name
Digital MediaPaid SearchBuild AwarenessNumber of impressions
Digital MediaPaid SearchBuild AwarenessImpression share (paid share of search)
Digital MediaPaid eRetail SearchBuild AwarenessNumber of Impressions
Digital MediaPaid eRetail SearchBuild AwarenessAverage Ad position
Digital MediaPaid eRetail SearchDrive ConsiderationNumber of Impressions
Digital MediaPaid eRetail SearchTrigger PurchaseRatio Working/Non-working
Digital MediaOrganic SearchBuild AwarenessAverage keyword group rank
Digital MediaOrganic SearchTrigger PurchaseRatio Working/Non-working
Digital MediaOrganic eRetail SearchBuild AwarenessAverage search score
Digital MediaOrganic eRetail SearchTrigger PurchaseRatio Working/Non-working
Digital MediaVideosBuild AwarenessNumber of Unique users reached by Platform (example: Google, FB), if not available: Impressions or Views
Digital MediaVideosBuild Awareness% impressions that meet Nestlé Viewability Standards
Digital MediaVideosTrigger PurchaseRatio Working/Non-working
Digital MediaDisplay and Social Ads/PostsBuild AwarenessNumber of Unique users reached by Platform (example: Google, FB) if not available: Impressions
Digital MediaDisplay and Social Ads/PostsBuild Awareness% impressions that meet Nestlé Viewability Standards
Digital MediaDisplay and Social Ads/PostsDrive ConsiderationNumber of Unique users reached by Platform (example: Google, FB) if not available: Impressions
Digital MediaDisplay and Social Ads/PostsTrigger PurchaseRatio Working/Non-working

• (possible workaround which they do not like) They do not like navigation on dashboard level (as central navigation entry)  becouse it leads to static reports with pre-restricted KPI's by report author. 
  • Hiding with bookmarks in PBI, does not offer cascading filters for  Investment type, Media type, Marketing Objective and I have quite a lot of combinations of these selections.
  • Solution is not about selection of KPIs in the slicer for 1-x charts. They do not want to select KPIs but they want to select Investment type, Media type, Marketing Objective  and then KPI's should be shown.

In another tools like SAP BO WEBI, there is an option to hide charts by condition. (link) Something similar I am looking for.

Do you think that I can deliver something in PBI Desktop, or is there any option how to deliver this in Power BI emebeded?

With PBI I have unfortunetly no experience.

Regards,

Martin

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Martin-Prague,

Hiding with bookmarks in PBI, does not offer cascading filters, do you mean the feature like this? In addition, I am not specific about Power BI embeded, please post the thread to Power BI developer community for dedicated support.

Thanks,
Angelia

Hello,

by cancading filter I mean something like this , It could be offered only by slicers, and to slicer values I canno assign any bookmark.

I will post this to Embeded community, thanks.

Martin

Martin-Prague
Helper II
Helper II

Anyone guys?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.