Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wrwillits
Helper III
Helper III

Hide/Show a Dashboard using Bookmarks

Can I hide or show whole dashboards using Bookmarks. Similar to Excel (hiding or showing worksheets in a workbook), I want to be able to show or hide dashboards depending on what the user has selected from an initial selection dashboard. The idea is to not only constrain the data based on the user selection, but also show or hide a whole dashboard as well.

The issue is that I am developing duplicate dashboards that are similar in general design, but then are tweaked for a particular contact, and the specific visualizations for each contract will vary depending on the specific requirements of that contract. My idea is to allow the user to select a contact using a front selection screen, and then show only the specific dashboards for that contract using Bokmarks to hide all the other dashboards for the other contracts. Is that possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @wrwillits,

Bookmark is a feature of reports. So you can't use it in a dashboard. The workaround could be giving the dashboards highly organized meaningful names or create many App workspaces. Please submit an idea here: https://ideas.powerbi.com. Maybe we can have it in the near future.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Kieran
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi,

I recommend row level security is your starting point where you fiter rows on a particular contact / contract value...  https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-admin-rls/

Kind Regards,

Kieran.

Thanks for the response but unfortunatley row level security isn't want I'm looking for. The thing is that I'm not restricting the data based on the user's role, but instead restricting the dashboards that the user can view based on the specific contract that select.

The situation is that the PowerBI model holds all the same core data for many assets that are leased to various customers. Each lease, though, has a unique set of metrics that it calls out that need to be used to monitor and assess the lease transaction on an ongoing basis (the metrics are being calculated based on specific Measures and Calculated Columns). The only way to manage the varying requirements for each lease is to set up a unique dashboard for each lease with the associated metrics called out in the lease displayed in the dashbaord for that asset. So instead of confusing users with numerous tabs for many dashboards for every lease, instead I want to hide all the dashboards except only the one selected by the user from a front selection screen. I was hoping to be able to hide whole dashboards and then set up Bookmarks so that can then be asociated with a button that calls out the specific lease. 

Hi @wrwillits,

Bookmark is a feature of reports. So you can't use it in a dashboard. The workaround could be giving the dashboards highly organized meaningful names or create many App workspaces. Please submit an idea here: https://ideas.powerbi.com. Maybe we can have it in the near future.

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Dale, I assumed that was the answer but was hoping that there might have been an option that I didn't know about. I will submit an idea and hopefully Microsoft will pick up on it.

Warren

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.