Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

QuasemS
Frequent Visitor

Help with Synoptic Panel

Hi,

I imported a custom map into Synoptic Panel, and I selected the areas using the online tool as well. But when I drag some values into it, the areas do not get matched to it, they stay blank, no matter what combination I tried. I even tried simple raw numbers to see if it was the data itself, but still no luck.

Anyone having similar issues?

9 REPLIES 9
AnetaK
Helper V
Helper V

Hello,

I also have a problem with showing data in the Synoptic Panel.

I've created a map of Districts in Warsaw, Poland. I also have a table with those District and a value (in percentages).

But when I drag the % value to the "Measure" field nothing happens. There is no value shown in the visual.

What should I do?

I am using 1.4.4 version (the youtube video is about v0.4.6). 

123.jpg

You have to be pretty sure to put the values when creating the svg, not only in graphics but in the textbox. In default you'll have numbers (1,2,3,4...) to match the category unless you put a name to the textbox when creating.

If you are sure you write the exact string/number on the synoptic panel and on the datasource, change category and sub category, trim or clean the source string. It has to match perfectly to visualize.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

I am not sure if I got it right.

It should be like Bielany or Bemowo? 

Or maby something different?

456.jpg

Both are possible, but the difference with first one is that you have number and name, one category and one subcategory. If you use Bemowo, both category and subcategory will be de name.

The adventage of the first one is that if you can't make it work with number, you can create a table to match (id, location like 1, Bielany)

Let me know what you decide and what you drag to the fields on desktop. Test with two areas, don't make the hole map until you make it work.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

I think it is working! 🙂

Thank you very much!

abcd.jpg

EDIT:

Oh no, something happened to polish letters ;(

At my first attempt it was ok. Hmm...

Then the map was black, now it is blue. Is that the case?

1.jpg

EDIT 2 🙂

Ok, I got it.

Now it is ok 🙂2.jpg

That's ok. The black is an option. When the area is black, it has no data or is not matching.

On the other hand, having blue means it is matching the areas. You can check that with the mouse on an area, if there is a tooltip showing the name, is good signal. Now you can play with the other values to make saturation, change colours for each location, etc.

EDIT: ok, I just see you fix it, I was answering haha. Enjoy!

Regards,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Once again... thank you very much 🙂

Hi, in this youtube movie the Synoptic Panel will be explained! Hopefully also your issue with it. Good Luck!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-nbrH8X7VY

"Please click the Accept as Solution if this resolves your issue; if it did not resolve your issue, provide more information on what happened instead.".

Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@QuasemS

What is the custom map in your case? Were you using Power BI Desktop? Please be more specific on your scenario.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.