Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ngrimsh
Frequent Visitor

HTML viewer

Hello,

I am trying to use the HTMLViewer visualisation in one of my reports.   Has anyone been able to get hyperlinks to open in a new tab (or window) when clicking on them?  For example, if I include something like <a href="http://www.google.com" target="_blank">Goto Google</a> it is properly formated in the visualisation but when you click on it, nothing happens.

Thanks,

Nick

6 REPLIES 6

Hi ,

I am also facing same problem. By pressing ctrl too , it is not working as expected. Then we need to copy the link and paste it in another tab to open.

Do you have any solution for this ?

Thanks in advacnce.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hyperlinks work as long as you hold CTRL when you click and it only works when published

v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ngrimsh,

It's a custom visual, you can post comments below the blog in this page, and get professional support.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Will do, thank you Angelia.

Hi @ngrimsh,

Got it. Welcome to share the workaround if you have resolved your issue. And more people will benefit from here.

Best Regards,
Angelia

kianlutu

Hey Nick,

I am trying to do the same thing. We are using the Azure Analysis Services and we have columns with URL's but Power BI doesn't allow you to change the Datatype of a column to a web URL when using AAS, Our thought to be the work around for this was to use anchor tags and to throw it in to the HTML Viewer visual but, like you said, that doesn't work.

Thanks,

Kian

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.