Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

minhvuong93
Helper II
Helper II

[HELP] Many to many replationship Sum ignore filter

Hi all,

I have a scenario like this:

Table 1: Saleman Visit (Beat) Plan: Each Saleman is assigned to visit a group of Customers. (One Saleman can be assigned visit the same Customer !)

Table 2:  

Actual Sale Quantity made by each Saleman to a Customer.

In this case, the saleman can sell to any customer (even if he is NOT assigned to visit this customer (Unplanned Visit).

Desired Report (Output):

Basically I want to use the layout like Table 1, but add two column:

1 - Sale Qty made by the Saleman to the customer

2- Sale Qty total by the Customer ID (regardless of if they have the plan or not)

Since I dont have a unique value to create relationship with this case, how to achieve the desire ouput?

Creating another table of Customer ID is undesirable since I have 1,000,000 rows per table

Power bi.PNG

12 REPLIES 12
Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

HI @minhvuong93

This calcuated table might be getting close.

Let me know what you think

New Table = SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(
                'Actual'[Salesman],
                'Actual'[Customer ID],
                "Quantity Sold by Salesman" , SUM(Actual[Quantity]),
                "Quantity total by Customer ID" , CALCULATE(SUM('Actual'[Quantity]),ALLEXCEPT('Actual',Actual[Customer ID]))
                )

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Thanks @Phil_Seamarkfor the suggestion, actually I am doing this on Power Pivot since Power Bi having limited capability to export report to excel..

Hi @minhvuong93,

According to your description above, you should be able to use the formulas below to add two column to the "Plan" table in your scenario.Smiley Happy

Quantity sold by Saleman =
LOOKUPVALUE (
    Actual[Quantity],
    Actual[Saleman], Plan[Saleman],
    Actual[Customer ID], Plan[Customer ID]
)
    + 0
Quantity tatal by Customer ID =
VAR customerId = Plan[Customer ID]
RETURN
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( Actual[Quantity] ), Actual[Customer ID] = customerId )
        + 0

resutl1.PNG

Regards

@v-ljerr-msft Hi there,

Thank you for ur answer. But I cannot add the formula "VAR" ....it has to be VAR.S VAR.P or something???

Hi @minhvuong93,

Never mind the intellisense(VAR.S, VAR.P, etc), just input VAR and finish the formula, it should work anyway.Smiley Happy

Regards

@v-ljerr-msft I just googled and found out that VAR no longer supported in Excel 2016?

I tried but cannot put the formula into a new column. they do not understand Var and Return as a formula

Hi @minhvuong93,

According to this article, it should be supported. And I'm using it within Power Pivot in Excel 2016. A little weird.

This feature is included in SQL Server 2016 Analysis Services (SSAS), Power Pivot in Excel 2016, and Power BI Desktop only. Information provided here is subject to change.

pivot1.PNG

As I am not very familiar with Power Pivot, I would suggest that you also post it on Power Pivot forum for better assistance on this issue.Smiley Happy

Regards

@v-ljerr-msft Did you create any relationship in order for this formula to work>

Hi @minhvuong93,

No, I didn't. Here is the Excel file I worked on for your reference.Smiley Happy

Regards

Where did you read that VAR is not supported in Excel 2016?

However, you can try using EARLIER if you don't have VAR:

Quantity tatal by Customer ID =
    CALCULATE ( SUM ( Actual[Quantity] ), Actual[Customer ID] = EARLIER ( Plan[Customer ID] ) )
        + 0

@marcorusso 

Thank you for replying. Actually I did make the Var function work in a calculated column, however when I return to the pivot table interface, it took about 30min or sth to load the data. I  guess using VAR is too complicated for this case.

In reply to your suggestion, is this a measures or do I have to insert another column into the data table (which consists of million of rows and related information....)

Thank you @v-ljerr-msft , I already now can produce the same column like you suggest.

However, when I come back to my Pivot table,It took forever to load 😞

My data is a long list of customer transactions (~100,000 rows)

Is there anyway it can be a calculated measures?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.