Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

More_BI
Frequent Visitor

HELP! GUI is all black, can't use the tool!

power_bi_blacked.png

I uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled--same result. This all happened with the latest version. Please help! 

Windows 10

i7 

Geforce GTX 1050

5 REPLIES 5
More_BI
Frequent Visitor

Worth mentioning that this popped up again with the latest software update. Seems like a setting gets defaulted upon new software releases that is creating this bug. The setting was checked off, so I just unchecked and applied (without reboot) and then reloaded Power BI with no issues. Really wonky/weird.

More_BI
Frequent Visitor

That worked. thank you guys!

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@More_BI

Please try to change the Accelerated Graphics option for the system and then try the application again. 
Launch IE >  Internet Options > Advanced Tab > Accelerated graphics > Check “Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering” > Apply > OK > Close all IE Tabs/Windows & Restart IE.

Best Regards,
Herbert

More_BI
Frequent Visitor

I've also updated my GPU drivers to the latest available, reinstalled Power BI, ended up with the same result. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.