Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tempranello
Advocate I
Advocate I

Grouped percentage of row total

Hi there

It looks like I may have bumped up against a Power BI limitation when compared to Excel.  Perhaps it's coming in a later release?  Perhaps I'm just daft and I'm missed it in Power BI today:

I need to produce a chart that illustrates, by month, the percentage of tickets resolved by each team.

Imagine a table where each row represents a ticket, with attributes:  Ticket ID, Resolved month, Resolution team.

In Excel:  If I create a pivot chart (line chart) from this table, I can plot x-axis as Resolved month, the legend as Resolution team, and the values as Ticket ID.  This is now the cool part:  I can alter the Value Field settings (Ticket ID) to not just be Count, but I can show the value as '% of Row Total'.  Hurrah!  I get a brilliant line chart which shows for any given month what percentage of tickets are closed out by my Service Desk, Infrastructure Team etc etc.

Now, Power BI is great.  While I have the same query as the table above, the visualisation are limited.  Hmmm.  I could manually create a query for each team's resolution numbers against a grouping of Resolved month, and then merge all of the queries together and add columns to reflect the % each team's resolution volume represented, but geez, that's clunky and assumes that I know that numbers of teams that're in play.

Have a I missed something?

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

25 REPLIES 25

Excellent! Thanks

Thanks, Sean.  That works perfectly!

...and I learnt something new.  Brilliant.

Yep you'll have to write the Measures to Calculate these...

Show Values As..png

There are other things missing from the Matrix too... If you like any of them you can Vote here.

Idea 1

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/9207006-matrix-collapse-expand-bu...

Idea 2

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/10948962-matrix-measures-or-value...

Percent of Grand Total is comming soon, quickly following with Percent of Row and Column Total.

Alex.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

That would be great - just time savings!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.