Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dbalaciano
Regular Visitor

Graph based on values in different columns

I have a data table with columns of data for each different month.

Table.JPG

And I need to get a graph showing the evolution of the Values in time, showng the average value of the corresponding column for each month. Something like this:

grafico.JPG

I just can't find a way to build the graph. Even tried to buid additional tables. Can someone help me with some information on how to get it?

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @dbalaciano,

In your scenario, you can use the Unpivot Columns options under Query Editor > Transform tab to get a Month column and a Value column. Smiley Happy

In the Query Editor

1) select the all the month(JAN, FEB, etc) Columns.

2) Transform tab -  Unpivot Columns

3) Rename the Attribute and Values columns - Month and Percentage.

unpivot.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help with the other solutions, but I can't make it work with that because I have all 12 months but my list of projects tends to infinity. The values for each month are in different columns. Below is a simplification of my data structure and the graph I need to obtain showing the sum per group each month. Please ignore the blue line. 

When I use the solution proposed above of selecting all months and clicking on unpivot (mi data is being extracted from a live shepoint list), it says "error" on every cell of the columns. 

Is there any other solution? 

table.PNG

graph.PNG

Regards,

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dbalaciano,

According to your description above, you should be able to use the Line Chart visual with your Month column as Axis, and the corresponding column as Value with aggregation of Average.

lc.PNG

If it doesn't work in your scenario, could you post your real table structures with some sample data, so that we can better assistant on it? It's better to share a sample pbix file. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading. Smiley Happy

Regards

Thanks for your help, but I can't make it work like that because I don't have a month column. I have the values for each month in different columns. Below is a simplification of my data structure and the graph I need to obtain showing the average per group each month. It seems simple, but I just can't find a way to use different columns as X axis in the graph.

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Diego

Hi @dbalaciano,

In your scenario, you can use the Unpivot Columns options under Query Editor > Transform tab to get a Month column and a Value column. Smiley Happy

In the Query Editor

1) select the all the month(JAN, FEB, etc) Columns.

2) Transform tab -  Unpivot Columns

3) Rename the Attribute and Values columns - Month and Percentage.

unpivot.PNG

Regards

That worked perfectly!

Thank you for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.