Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Google Bigquery Direct Query Mode

I can't seem to be able to get the new Bigquery connector to let me use Direct Query mode.  this is a fresh project and I re-set the credentials but I am never given an option to choose mode or enter a query.

How can I get to Direct Query mode?

6 REPLIES 6
toulou
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue. I am pretty sure that I have seen this option before but now it is not there anymore. 

mow700
Resolver I
Resolver I

I do get the option for direct mode.  Have you updated your version of the PBI Desktop recently?

I'm using Version: 2.51.4885.701 64-bit (October 2017)

snip_20171030131957.pngsnip_20171030132042.png

snip_20171030131723.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using the October 2017 release of Power Bi Desktop. I am never shown that option.

Hi @Anonymous, @toulou,

The Google BigQuery (Beta) connector should support DirectQuery in Power BI Desktop from the August 2017 update. If the issue persists, I would suggest you create a support ticket on Power BI Support page for better assistance. Smiley Happy

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems that I can not use direct query in a project that is also using mysql because mysql does not support direct query and you can not use both modes in one project.

Also a big problem with the Bigquery connector is that you can't enter in a query. So I had to use the ODBC connector.

It seems to work now. Only isse I am seeing is if you have connected to one source in DirectQuery mode and then want to add another BQ source in Query Editor. In those cases it doesn't show the option DirectQuery. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.