Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CloudMonkey
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Going to a specific row in query editor

Hi,

Please can you tell me how to go to a specific row of a table in the query editor? (I'm trying to scroll but it is extremely slow and the table is very large)

Thanks,

CM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BeemsC
Resolver III
Resolver III

This is kind of a workaround, but what you can do is the following ..
Go to  your Query editor, select the table you want the row from -> Select the row and add an index column from 1.
Then you can just search the specific row in the new coloumn you created voorbeeld.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @CloudMonkey,

You add a index column as @BeemsC posted. Then you can use the index number to identify each row of table.

Best Regards,
Angelia

It may also depend on why you want to scroll.

If you want to select a value, then you might better apply some filtering.

If you just want to scroll, it may be faster to scroll in the data view rather than in the Query Editor.

Or create a visual with a slicer.

It might be an option to split your query (right click the next step and choose "Extract previous"), so there will be a table at the step where you want to scroll and you can scroll in the data view.

Specializing in Power Query Formula Language (M)
BeemsC
Resolver III
Resolver III

This is kind of a workaround, but what you can do is the following ..
Go to  your Query editor, select the table you want the row from -> Select the row and add an index column from 1.
Then you can just search the specific row in the new coloumn you created voorbeeld.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe this works if your dataset has less than 1000 rows.

If your dataset has more than 1000 rows, follow the instruction to add an index column, but then exit the query editor and create a table, add the column that will identify the row you want to see, and then add the Index column to the table.

Then, in Visual level filters, click on the Index field, choose the "is" operator and type in the row number you would like to see. This should show you the row you need.

Hope this helps!

You can also click a number in the index column. I used row 999 then click on your formula bar and replace 999 with the row that you want to go to.

= Table.SelectRows(#"Added Index", each ([Index] = 16859))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors