Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JoshEnglish
Helper I
Helper I

Getting Invalid Cell Reference after LeftAnti merge

I recently upgraded to Power BI Desktop Version: 2.59.5135.421 64-bit (June, 2018)

I have a large table (30K lines) with a few lines I needed to correct, so I copied the offending lines to a new Excel file, did a left Anti merge to remove them from my large table, then merged the corrections back into the data table.

Last month this worked like charm.

Now I get "DataFormat.Error: Invalid cell value '#REF!'." when doing the merge with JoinKind.LeftAnti.

Neither of the original Excel tables have any formulas or any cell with a #REF! error. 

If I do a RightAnti I get a table which I can expand, but I get an empty table when I expand the data.

To clarify: This is all in Power Query

If I do an InnerJoin I get the rows in my Corrections file and I can expand things just fine.

If I do a RightOuter join I get the same behavior as InnerJoin.

Any suggestions on getting LeftAnti joins to work in the June 2018 version?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JoshEnglish
Helper I
Helper I

I was barking up the wrong tree here. Someone entered #REF! as a value in a single cell in one of my sources. It wasn't a formula so Excel's find function couldn't find it.

I fixed it with a ReplaceErrorValue function.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JoshEnglish
Helper I
Helper I

I was barking up the wrong tree here. Someone entered #REF! as a value in a single cell in one of my sources. It wasn't a formula so Excel's find function couldn't find it.

I fixed it with a ReplaceErrorValue function.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.